Our WorkBC Centre team inspires participants to improve their working lives through active engagement and participation within our Centre’s services. Our Team is also committed to providing a meaningful experience resulting in sustainable employment. If we have not provided you with the supports that you required, we want to learn more.
We are committed to:
- Providing a prompt response – within one business day
- Treating you with courtesy and respect
- Working together to resolve your concern quickly
- Providing you with weekly updates if the resolution process takes more than 5 business days
As a participant, you have the right to prompt confidential service. You also have the right to services that are both inclusive and accessible. If you are not happy with the services:
- Discuss your situation with the person directly involved
- Express your situation calmly and respectfully
- Work together to resolve the situation
All complaints and decision review requests coming from Members of Parliament or Members of the Legislative Assembly on behalf of their constituents, from the media, other ministries or from the Government of Canada, will be referred to the Ministry. The Ministry will work with the Contractor in responding to issues of this nature.
Resolving your Issue
Many disputes can be solved at the time they occur.
Step 1: Once you have spoken with the WorkBC team member about the issue at hand and have received documentation of the outcome but disagree with the resolution;
Step 2: Request to discuss your issue with the Maple Ridge Program Manager who will listen, ask questions, and consider the situation. They will work with you to explore options leading to a successful resolution;
Step 3: If you are not satisfied with the documented resolutions discussed, the Program Manager will inform a Neutral third-party reviewer to start the formal dispute resolution process.
Formal Dispute Resolution Process
If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you may request a formal review by a Neutral Third-Party Reviewer. The Reviewer will:
- Address your concern in a fair and transparent manner
- Maintain records and document the process
- Program Manager will notify the Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction when a complaint has been escalated the Neutral Third Party.
Process of Requesting a Formal Review
- Send a letter to the Neutral Third Party
- We recommend that you be specific and provide the key information and facts
The request should be submitted within 20 business days of the date the resolution was provided by the Program Manager.
TThe Neutral Third Party will review your request and investigate.
The Neutral Third Party will contact you and explain the final decision. Written notification will be provided to you. As services are provided based on assessed need and eligibility, rather than entitlement, there is no option for Clients who disagree with Neutral Third Party’s decision to appeal to the Ministry. The decision at the end of a formal review is final.
All Client-related complaints, concerns and decision-review requests are documented in the Integrated Case Management (ICM) system as they occur, including: date, nature of issue, outcome and date of resolution.