Looking for Work?
If you are looking for a job, the Maple Ridge WorkBC Centre and its staff are here to help. We will assist you with:
- Job Search
- Career Planning
- Planning for Education or Training
- Exploring and planning for Self-Employment
- Getting Work Experience
- Job Placement
You can use WorkBC services on your own or with the support of a Career Coach.
WorkBC calls working on your own Self-Serve Employment Services. On your own, you can browse job listings, find helpful tools and information online or come into the Centre to use the self-serve resource room. The resource room is fully equipped with computers, internet, printing, faxing and a wide range of labour market, career assessment and planning and job search tools and resources.
If you want help with assessing your skills and interests, planning your career, conducting a job search and finding a job, you can register for Employment Services and work with a Career Coach.
These services are offered three different ways:
- On-Site: Come in and get in-person help from a Career Coach or use our self-serve resource room which includes access to computers and the Internet, printers, faxing, and many career planning and job search tools and resources.
- Virtually: If coming into the Centre is difficult, you can work on your own online or get help from a Career Coach by email and by phone or through online meetings.
- Through Outreach: Centre staff are available to assist job seekers at various locations throughout the Maple Ridge / Pitt Meadows area.
The Maple Ridge WorkBC Centre is set up to accommodate persons requiring wheelchair access, screen readers, and TTY phones. If other supports are needed, please contact our office.
Who is Eligible?
WorkBC Employment Services are available to all unemployed or precariously employed British Columbians who are seeking employment and are legally eligible to work in BC. The program offers a range of services that support individuals looking for work to find and maintain a job and to improve employment readiness.
Employers and any person permitted to work in BC can access the self-serve resource areas of WorkBC Centres. Anyone accessing services must register through the Online Employment Services Portal. To get more information or to get help with your application, go to our How to Apply page or call the Centre at 604.466.4600.