Immigration matters in business
October 7, 2019
Immigrant business owners are active in all sectors of our economy such as construction, professional services, health care and retail trade.
- There are more than 47,000 immigrants in senior management roles across the country, including:o
- ver 15,000 in finance, communications and business services sectors
- 12,000 in trade, broadcasting and other services, and
- more than 12,000 in construction, transportation, production and utilities
- There are more than 600,000 self-employed immigrants across the country, and over 260,000 of them have paid employees.